- Aug 11 2019
Lughnasa Shutter Sunday
Our vision is to offer the award-winning Celtic Gardens as a place of connection with nature, beauty and the cycle of life and as a resource for education, creativity and reflection. As such, we would like to invite budding photographers, amateurs, professionals, wildlife photographers, camera clubs, macro-photographers, travel photographers, shutterbugs, or anyone with a working camera to take part in Brigit’s Garden third of four Shutter Sundays.
On selected dates at the turning of the season, photographers are welcome to complimentary admission to the Garden from 10am to 12pm, to feast their senses and lenses on all the natural beauty the garden has to offer. Visit the four Celtic Gardens representing the Celtic fire festivals, the Roundhouse, thatched Crannóg, wildflower meadows, native woodlands where the light plays with the trees, the lake, ancient fairy fort, and all our native flora and fauna. There is something for everyone to capture.
As a not-for-profit organisation with limited resources, we would be grateful if you share your favourite high-res images with us and grant permission for future use letting the beauty of the garden be seen from many perspectives.
Imbolc: Sunday, February 10th
Bealtaine: Sunday, May 12th
Lughnasa: Sunday, August 11th
Samhain: Sunday, November 10th
Terms and Conditions:
- Visitors must have a camera, mobile phones do not apply.
- Free entry only applies to those with a camera, normal admissions apply otherwise.
- Be respectful of the garden and take note of signage.
- Please forward high res images sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visitors will be asked to sign in at the door and data will be managed as per GDPR.