- May 11 2019
Introduction to Social and Therapeutic Horticulture Practice
The healing benefits of gardening are tangible and profound. Catríona Kelly will facilitate a one-day workshop, on Saturday May 11th from 10am - 4pm, to explore the potential therapeutic benefits of gardens and gardening.
This course provides an introduction to Social and Therapeutic Horticulture (STH) Practice. The role of the practitioner will be considered, along with approaches and processes central to STH practice within different settings. You will explore how the garden can be a source of activity and occupation appropriate to individual development and recovery. The day will enable you to begin to explore how to harness and maximise the potential therapeutic benefits of gardens and gardening.
Beginners, career changers and volunteers.
What you will learn:
- An understanding of the generalised benefits of gardening as evidenced by research,
- Discover the key theories supporting gardens as therapeutic settings,
- Examples of practice within an STH setting which aim to engage, enable and empower,
- An insight into the role of an STH practitioner.
If you are a non-voluntary/ statutory organisation please contact us for booking.
Included in fee:
- All course materials
- Course hand-outs
- A light lunch and refreshment
Call us with any questions on 051 584422.
Book online at GIY.ie