- Oct 28 2019
Hallowe'en Bonfire & Storytelling
Hallowe’en is coming to the gardens, and we invite all the family to dress in their scariest Hallowe’en outfit and join us for an afternoon of Ghoulish Arts & Crafts, Spooky Storytelling, Hunting for The Púca, Witchery in the Roundhouse and our grand finale, everybody’s favourite - our Bonfire to celebrate Samhain.
Due to huge demand last year, we have two dates, 27th and 28th October this year. The event runs from 3pm to 6pm. This family event is suitable for all ages.
Hallowe’en Schedule of Events
3 – 5pm
- Little Spook’s Treasure Hunt around the Celtic Gardens for the little ones. Find the ghosts, mark them off the spooky list and visit the Wacky Witch for a prize.
- Super Spooky Scavenger Hunt for bigger kids around the greater Brigit’s Garden. Collect the letters to spell out the haunted words which are to be shared with the Wacky Witch and thrown into her cauldron to retrieve a prize.
- Ghoulish Arts & Crafts in the Marquee. Throw the ball in the witch’s hat, use your favourite autumn colours and do some colouring in, create a seasonal leaf-rubbing masterpiece, let your imagination run wild and invent your own clay monsters and learn how to make your own spider’s web.
- Witchery in the Roundhouse. Visit the Wacky Witch at her cauldron, to help her create spells and potions.
- Apple fishing at the fountain.
- Enjoy the Celtic Gardens at dusk.
Allocated Times starting at 3.15pm
- Storytelling with Rab Fulton. Rab is a storyteller, author, podcaster and lecturer, who has a growing international reputation for his mesmerising retelling of the great myths and legends of Ireland and Scotland.
- Join the Wacky Witch for the parade to the Bonfire and chase the Púca. Here we will light the Bonfire and welcome Samhain - the beginning of a new year for Celtic peoples.
The Garden Café
Eat, drink and be scary at the Garden Café. The monsters in the kitchen have created a gruesome menu for those who dare to eat it. Think worms and eyeballs (spaghetti and meatballs), witches fingers and much more killer cuisine. It will be drop dead gorgeous.
|Family of 4||€35.00|
Brigit's Garden members receive a 10% discount. Please call the office on 091-550905 with your membership number for your discount code.
To avoid disappointment, it is advised you book your tickets in advance. Usual terms and conditions apply. Unfortunately, our free admission passes are not valid for special events.
Special Events Terms and Conditions
1. In order to ensure the security, safety and comfort of all guests, Brigit’s Garden Ltd reserve the right to refuse admission.
2. We reserve the right to refuse admission without a valid ticket. We only accept tickets issued online or from official ticket sales offices. Brigit’s Garden members must bring their valid membership card for presentation on entry if availing of the member’s discounts.
3. Ticket are non-refundable. There will be no refunds for tickets other than in the cancellation of the event. In the event of cancellation of the event, only the face value of the ticket will be refunded and not the booking fee.
4. Brigit’s Garden do not offer a refund on unused tickets due to adverse weather conditions. Special events will go ahead come rain, hail or shine except in the event of extreme weather conditions. If wet, activities will be moved indoors.
5. Brigit’s Garden free admission passes are not valid for special events.
6. The family of 4 ticket allows for 4 family members in any combination of adults and children. Same goes for the family of 5 ticket. Some special events do not offer a family ticket, in which case the price of an adult and child ticket is the same.
7. We will not be held responsible for any aspect of incorrect selection of tickets by the customer including, but not limited to, event, day and / or time of performance, ticket quantity, ticket type, seating assigned and ticket delivery method.
8. The customer is wholly responsible for ensuring that all aspects of their ticket order are correct. When purchasing, please take your time and make sure you are selecting the correct tickets. Before confirming the purchase, please review all the ticket information displayed which is based on the choices you made and ensure these are fully correct. We are unable to provide for transfer of tickets to a new date after purchase is completed.
9. Admission is at the ticket holder's own risk. Brigit’s Garden Ltd. will not be held liable for any loss, injuries or damages sustained at the event including damage, theft or losses to property and motor vehicles, if the cause is due to the negligence of the ticket holder or the unforeseeable actions of other patrons or third parties.
10. As a condition of sale, the Adult ticket holder understands that there will be some media present as well as authorised Brigit’s Garden photographers who will be taking some film and photographs for promotional purposes. Brigit’s Garden will ensure if this results in close up shots of children permission will be sought by their Parent/Guardian before use.
These Terms and Conditions while extensive are subject to change.