Artist in Residency Programme at Brigit’s Garden
After a successful inaugural residency programme in 2018 we are delighted to invite artists to apply for our 2019 programme. The residency provides an opportunity for a creative practitioner to research and develop their practice in beautiful natural surroundings - Celtic Gardens, wild flower meadows, natural woodlands, ponds, grasslands and nature trails. The programme supports both emerging and established practitioners, working across a variety of disciplines.
Our intention is to offer artists the space and time to research, plan and make new work.
The details are as follows:
- The two-week residency will run from 7th-20th October 2019 (there may be some flexibility on dates to suit).
- The artist can be based in the thatched Roundhouse in the centre of the Celtic Gardens or in the Visitor Centre, depending on the nature of the work.
- The residency is open to artists in the creative practice of poetry, literature, theatre and scriptwriting, designers and makers, illustration, photography, film, music and other suitable media, taking into account the available space and resources.
- The artist will have full access to the gardens and facilities. Lunch will be provided also, with a contribution towards travel expenses. The premises are open from 9.30am to 5.30pm.
- At the end of the residency, applicants will lead a presentation on their creative project or work in progress which can be in the form of a report, talk series, exhibition, workshop, or another suitable format.
- Proposals should include requirements for space and materials, and any additional questions will be addressed with individual applicants.
Applicant and Selection Criteria
Applications are invited from creative practitioners wishing to avail of a unique residency programme. To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a practicing artist: you must identify yourself and be recognized by your peers as a practicing artist.
- Be able to demonstrate recent artistic achievements in the primary creative practice you are applying for.
- Be over 18.
- Selection will be by a committee with representatives from Brigit’s Garden and Galway County Council Arts Office. The successful candidate will be notified as soon as possible after the closing date, and the result will also be announced through Brigit Garden website and social platforms.
How to apply
Please fill in the online formand submit all required documentation by the closing date, which is Sunday 8th September 2019.
Applications are now closed.
Applications will not be considered after the closing date and the successful applicant will be notified by email as soon as possible. The successful applicant will be announced through Brigit Garden website and social platforms.
Kindly supported by Galway County Council.