Heading west for Connemara? Pack the walking shoes and make sure to take in a beautiful walk around Connemara and the Islands. There are trails to suit every level of fitness, from day-long treks to gentle walks – there is a Connemara walk for everyone!
There is no better feeling that hitting the road, in any season, in any weather and allowing yourself the time and space to connect with the landscape in any way you wish. Take in the panoramic views, inhale the soft scent of wildflowers, taste the honey from the bright pink fuchsia, hear the buzzing of the bees and insects as they fly past, busy at work and watch the every-changing sky with its rolling clouds and vibrant colours.
Here are the best 19 Connemara walks in the West! Download the map and guide here.
- Lúibin Gharmna – Garumna Loop
- Lúibin Mhaírois – Moyrus Loop
- Siúlóidí na Ceathrún Rua – Carraroe Trails
- Lúibín Inis Ní – Inishnee Loop
- Lúibín Inis Mór – Inis Mór Looped Walks
- Lúibiní Inis Meáin – Inis Meáin Looped Walks
- Lúibiní Inis Oírr – Inis Oírr Looped Walks
- Inishbofin Looped Walks – Lúibiní Inis Bó Finne
- Moycullen Heritage Trails – Siúlóidí Oidhreachta Mhaigh Cuillinn
- Siúlóidí Leitir Mealláin – Lettermullen Walking Routes
- Siúlóid an tSeanbhóthair – Seanbhóthar Trail
- Clonbur Trails – Cosáin na Fairche
- Western Way – Slí an Iarthair
- Galway Wind Way – Slí Ghaoithe na Gaillimhe
- Derrigimlagh Looped Walk – Lúibín Dheirgimligh
- Letterfrack Poetry Trail – Conair filíochta Leitir Fraic
- Atlantic Waterfall Trail – Conair Eas and Atlantaigh
- Slí Connemara – Connemara Way
- Diamond Hill – Binn Ghuaire
Leave No Trace
Only one word of guidance from us – please leave no trace wherever you go. The principles of Leave No Trace are as follows;
- Plan ahead and prepare.
- Be considerate of others.
- Respect farm animals and wildlife.
- Travel and camp on durable ground.
- Leave what you find.
- Dispose of waste properly.
- Minimise the effects of fire.
Enjoy the fresh Connemara air!