We are looking for a suitably experienced person to undertake a short-term research contract that will inform a new fundraising strategy for Brigit’s Garden.
Brigit’s Garden is a social enterprise and a registered charity no. 20053758. Our mission is to connect people and nature, and we offer a range of services in environmental education, sustainability, nature restoration and tourism.
There are three elements to the research:
- EU projects. To identify which EU inter-regional programmes might be relevant to Brigit’s Garden and set up our organisational profile on the relevant partner databases.
- Corporate partners. To research and seek out businesses implementing corporate social responsibility strategies with which Brigit’s Garden might set up partnerships.
- Funding organisations. To research funding organisations that have regular funding rounds relevant to our work and set up a calendar of dates to facilitate application planning.
The person appointed will report to the Director, and a set of outcomes will be agreed at the outset of the contract.
The contract is for €5,000 for 200 hours of work over a 6-12 week period, by agreement. If you are interested, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining your experience and interest to the Director, Jenny Beale, firstname.lastname@example.org by the 15th of October. If you have further questions you can phone 091 550905.
An opportunity to join our friendly team at Brigit’s Garden as a receptionist, providing customer service to our visitors as well as helping with some office work.
This position is sponsored by the Oughterard Community Employment Scheme. Applicants must be in receipt of Job Seekers for at least one year (or 9 months in the case of a Ukrainian person).
The job is 19 ½ hours per week. CE participants can avail of sponsored training to facilitate their return to the workforce and are permitted to work in non-CE hours.
What does the job entail?
The work is varied and includes the following areas:
- Welcoming visitors, selling admission tickets and giving information about the Gardens
- Operating the point of sale for tickets and Gift Shop sales
- Assisting the Gift Shop manager with orders, stock taking, merchandising and display
- Answering the telephone and taking messages
- Setting up and providing hospitality for groups visiting the Gardens
- Entering simple data into the database and engaging in other admin tasks
- Opening up, closing down and some general housekeeping
What experience and qualities are needed?
No particular qualifications or experience are needed, but it would be an advantage to have basic computer skills. This is ideal for someone who likes working with people and being part of a team. Additional training will be provided as needed.
How do I apply?
Please contact Matthew Monahan, the Community Employment Supervisor, on 089 4632872 or email@example.com.
If you have any queries about Brigit’s Garden please contact Jenny on 087 2206219 or firstname.lastname@example.org.